Wednesday, May 23, 2012

38 Weeks - 2 Weeks Until “D” Date


Our due date is quickly approaching and we can’t wait! There have been so many new and exciting experiences during the past 9 months and we are looking forward to many more in the future.

The Jedele baby shower was a few weeks ago, we gathered at Aunt Sandi’s house for great food and celebration. It was nice to catch up and meet with family I had not met. You received so many gifts and handmade blankets. My work also threw a baby shower for us too! It was a surprise shower, many of the ladies in my department gathered for cake and gifts.  We are one blessed family to have such supportive people in our lives.

Crunch time is approaching; I have an overwhelming feeling to get as much done as possible, but finding the energy and ability to do them all is hard. I want everything to be done when you arrive, so I can focus on you. I know what’s done won’t matter to you.

You have grown so much in the past couple of weeks. My stomach is so tight; there is not much room for you in there anymore. You have been very active with you arms and legs, I can feel pushing out. It is amazing to think you are a full grown baby, in MY stomach. Speaking of full grown, this week marks a milestone, if you decided to come early you would be considered full term. At this time I am more than welcoming to the idea of your arriving early, because that means meeting you sooner.

38 Weeks
Daddy put your tree up :o)
At last two appointments I was dilated to 1 and was at stage 1. At our appointment yesterday it was the same. However, Dr. Archer does seem to think you are dropping lower, which is a good sign. I am looking forward to next weeks appointment.

How far along: 38 weeks
Total weight gain: about 33 pounds
Maternity clothes: Yes… over the belly maternity jeans and sweat pants are most comfy 
Sleep: I think god is preparing me for future sleepless nights :o)
Stretch marks: Nope!
Best moment of the week: Knowing we are getting closer to meeting you.
Miss anything: My waist and sleep
Movement:  Lots of hard movement. You are getting stronger and like to push your arms and legs outwards.
Food Craving: Sweets and watermelon…still!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Yes, eating too much. Small portions are my friend, but I always want more!
Have you started to show yet: Yes, there is no question about it, I am pregnant.
Gender: Girl  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment