Tuesday, June 5, 2012

40 Weeks - Today is the "due" date...

Well, today is your due date. The past couple of days I have had some contractions, but nothing consistent. Last night your dad and I went for a walk around the neighborhood which led to a series of skipping and jogging. Apparently skipping and jogging doesn't induce labor, none the less it must have been a funny for any on looking neighbors. 


We just got back from the doctor and I am dilated to 3. Which is more than last week so things seem to be progressing. The doctor successfully stripped my membranes today and said there is a 50/50 chance it will help induce labor within the next 24-48 hours. If things don't progress in the next week, we have a appointment scheduled for next Tuesday where they will monitor you for signs of stress and level of amniotic fluid. If there is concerns they will induce that day. If everything looks okay, they will wait a schedule a induction later in the week. I have my fingers cross you decide to come on your own.


40 Weeks - Clothing is limited at this time, disregard this is the same shirt I had on in the last post :o)
As much as I want to meet you I keep trying to remind myself to just enjoy this special time. It is absolutely amazing to think that I have a full grown baby in my belly and that at any moment that will be changing. Right now all I really care about is that you are healthy.


I feel like we are prepared, the house is in order and we have everything else in line. Work has graciously allowed me to work from home until you arrive. Then I will go on maternity leave and have 16 weeks to  devote to bonding with you and learning how to be a mommy.  Now it's just waiting for you to decide when you are ready.


How far along: 40 weeks
Total weight gain: about 34 pounds
Maternity clothes: Yes… over the belly maternity jeans and sweat pants are most comfy 
Sleep: I get up a couple time during the night, anxious about your arrival.
Stretch marks: Nope!
Best moment of the week: Knowing we are soo close to meeting you!
Miss anything: My waist and sleep
Movement:  Lots of hard movement still, I am convinced you are out of room.
Food Craving: Chocolate/vanilla twist cone dipped in cherry from dairy queen...yummy!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Yes, eating too much. Small portions are my friend, but I always want more!
Have you started to show yet: Yes, there is no question about it, I am pregnant.
Gender: Girl  :o) 

No comments:

Post a Comment