Thursday, January 29, 2015

38 weeks and counting...

Today you are just around 38 weeks. We are in the homestretch and I am getting very excited to meet you. So is your daddy and your sister! Your little sister talks to you in my belly, the other day it was so sweet she looked over at my belly and said "baby brother I love you so much, I want to change your diaper". We cant wait to welcome you with loving arms.




 We have started weekly appointments at the doctor and they check to see where things are at. At this time, everything is on par and you seem to be preparing for your arrival. I look forwards to these weekly checks, it makes the approach of your arrival seems so real. We are hoping to deliver your naturally, as long as my body coordinates. So far the doctor is happy with the way things are progressing and is staying optimistic. The doctor is estimating you will be in the seven pound weight range.


We are still exploring options for your name. It is such a difficult thing to choose without meeting you. Daddy suggested I write down a list of names that I like and that from there we could narrow them down. So now the list is written written and daddy and mommy have a few favorites. I think it will take meeting you to decide on which one will be a perfect fit.


Last week mommy was surprise with a gathering of friends and family to celebrate you. It was so nice to visit with everyone and talk about your soon to be arrival. We also got a lot of generous gifts, looking at the tiny diapers and clothes makes me even more excited to meet you. You will soon discover that we have a great network of friends and family. 


We pray that you are healthy and that your delivery is a smooth transition into the world. 


Xoxoxo,
Mommy, Daddy and Aubrey love you little guy :o)

How far along: 38 weeks
Total weight gain: 34 pounds
Maternity clothes: Yes and anything that is loose and comfy!
Sleep: I am trying to get as much as possible, I am generally up 2-3 times a night.
Stretch marks: None yet!
Best moment of the week: Feeling you dancing around in my belly.
Miss anything: My non-maternity clothes and my will power to eat healthy
Movement: A lot of movement, especially in the evening
Food Craving: Sweets are still hard to resist... cupcakes... cookies...
Anything making you queasy or sick: No
Have you started to show yet: There is nothing to hide :o)
Gender: Boy :o)
Labor Signs: I am currently at 1 cm dilated and 60 effaced.
Belly button in or out: Out what is left of it.
Wedding rings on or off: Still on.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Your arrival!

No comments:

Post a Comment